Friday, April 25, 2014

Mount Tamalpalis

Hello blogger friends,
A few weeks ago I had an opportunity to hike on Mount Tamalpais  California with some of the "Climb Against the Odds" team members that will be joining me on Mount Shasta, what a great group of people. I was also able to visit two very dear friends of mine, Deb & frank. What a great time we had.

 We hiked for 6 hours with a 10 minute rest every hour. I would be lying if I said it was easy but I was able to keep up. It was a great day, the sun was shining and the sky was a beautiful blue. Step, by, step, one foot in front of the other, "just stay focused", I said to myself, " you can do this". The hike was even more enjoyable because I was able to get to know a really great person..thank- Shelia for staying with me.

The team should only know I had lost sleep for 2 weeks before this hike. You see, I live in Illinois...last time I looked...no Mountains. I have using all the options I have, Shallow cliff, for stairs, and Water Fall Glen, for hiking. I had no idea if I was ready, or able to join in.

When a got to the end of the hike and saw my friend Deb waiting in the car. My eyes filled with tears. "Oh yes", I said, " I will be climbing Mount Shasta"!!


 
I have said it before and I will say it again, if it wasn't for my " Mountain Mentor"  I would never be able to do what I'm doing, he's the BEST!! and I am so very grateful.
 
 
 
"The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach."        Benjamin Mays
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment