Monday, March 10, 2014

vacation time

I went from one of the snowiest winters in Chicago's history to a beautiful beach vacation in Huatulco, Mexico for a brief trip away from the cold and snow. We had a great time, played in the surf, snorkeled, ate, drank and recharged our batteries. And laughed a lot. We laughed a frigging lot! 


Here I am during a training session...


And one day later I was soaking up the sun in Mexico!


Training is going really well. I'm spending a lot of time climbing outdoor stairs with a 25-pound backpack, hiking and running some. I'm also lifting a lot of weights. I hear this is all about strength, not distance - a little opposite of what I'm used to!

Thank you to everyone who is following me and supporting me with your donations, thoughts and prayers! I appreciate each of you, and I'm thrilled to be a part of this event!

"Don't go through life, grow though life." 

Be well, 
Snips

No comments:

Post a Comment