Wednesday, March 19, 2014

It feels like Christmas

Look what showed up at the door...it feels like Christmas!! Thank you to North Face for my Prima Loft jacket, Venture jacket, Hyvent pants.Thank you to Leki for the Cressida hiking poles, and also thank you to Osprey for there incredible back pack. These are some of the sponsor's to "Climb Against the Odds 2014".









Started some serious training these past few weeks. I am now carrying 30 lbs in my new Osprey back pack. Heading to REI in the next few days to get a better fit. The straps are pulling a bit on my shoulders.
Once a week I head to Shallow Cliff to do some stairs. I am currently climbing 9 repeats with a hike 8-9 miles immediately after.
I am very lucky to have friends that help me through. Meet my "Mountain Mentor" Tarek, he's the one in the red jacket. He has hiked numerous Mountains all over the country.Tarek has given me wonderful advice, his wisdom and humor as helped a great deal.






My friend Laura, not only a strong hiker but she "rock's" on the bike!
As much as the snow has helped in my training, I'm looking forward to biking with Laura very,very, soon.




My sister, Sue, is keeping me company on my hikes, glad she moved back from Florida.                                            






Whew, I admit, I'm nervous about all this. I just have a keep training as hard as I can avoiding injury...so far so good.
When I feel things are getting to hard I remind myself of all the women and men who are fighting their battled against breast cancer every day. They keep me strong...

Until next time...be well,
nancy
Count your life by smiles not tears, Count your life by friends not years.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment