Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My Journey







Hello my blogger friends, forgive me for taking so long to right after my incredible journey, it took me a while to process and reflect on my trip.

 First of all, I'm healthy and fine, and was not able to Summit, however I was able to get to 11,500 feet in altitude, so high, so fun. The weather wasn't all that great, not enough snow on Mount Shasta which made the trek a bit rough. Mount Shasta is a volcano, without snow coverage it becomes a bit slippery with its stones, almost similar to chunky sand.
When I headed to the Summit I felt like I could touch the stars. I know this will sound a bit silly, but one night I had to leave my tent to pee. Saying it was dark would be an understatement. The night was black like I have never seen before with the brightest stars up in the sky, at one point I actually thought could touch one of the stars, it was a moment I will treasure forever!!
Our leaders Dave and B ( as we called him), were kind, patient. It's pretty amazing that they have Summited as much as twice a week.
The Climbers that I met were so nice , friendly and fun...except for one. I won't say much about her only that I hope Mount Shasta filled her heart with kindness because she came empty.
All of the Breast Cancer Fund people and volunteers made us feel so appreciated and special. So much food, food and more food.
I am extremely humbled by this journey, not only was I able to raise over $12,800.00 dollar from Family and Friends but this entire experience made me realize that kindness and support is so very important. We tend to focus on so much 'stuff" that we have when a smile/kindness is what we need. For three days on my Summit I had 1 bowl and 1 spoon and all my clothes in my back pack, I was fine, that's all I needed.
I will be forever grateful at the opportunity I have been given, and when asked will I try this again? I respond..." I never say never".
As I say good-bye for now, I thank-you for being a part of my journey, well wishes to you always, and try things that you have never tried before, it so exciting, and remember, You are the only one who is stopping yourself !!
Be well & be kind,
Nancy

All my needs in my back pack for three days.


Beautiful Mount Shasta !!






My Leaders: Dave and B

No comments:

Post a Comment